Modern cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles come with complex
technology such as digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers,
unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more
efficiently than models of years past. However, they eventually need to be
Before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service, do your homework so you receive the best possible service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
- Do not ignore any warning signals your car may give you.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give your mechanic.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Allow our experienced technicians to diagnose and recommend a remedy.
- It's important to note when the problem occurs. Is it constant or periodic? Does it occur when the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up? Does it happen at all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
Check for the following common vehicle maintenance issues on a regular basis:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, and vibrations.
- When did the problem first start?
How to manage your service experience:
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for an explanation in laymans terms if necessary.
- Don't rush the technicians. You may be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and cost before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Make sure the shop has your contact information readily available, so you can be reached as soon as possible.
We love the team at Leo's Auto Care! I was initially drawn to Leo's because of their amazing google reviews and felt confident that they would take great care of my car. Since I began working with them a year ago, I've had a number of times that I've brought my car in for repairs and maintenance. Joaquin and Leo always answer my questions thoroughly and keep me in the loop on the status of my car. They truly treat every customer as if they're part of the family and are good, honest, hardworking people. I feel honored to be a part of the Leo's family and recommend this place to everyone I know. If you're looking for a reliable garage in the Charlotte area, I would highly recommend giving this place a chance. They are the best in the business!
Elizabeth Norris, 01/21/2023
5 GLOWING STARS! Best auto care in Charlotte. Hands down. If you're looking for a reliable place, go here. Not only is Leo's honest, they really know their stuff. Guys, I will never take my car anywhere else. Over the past year or so, Juan and his team have taken exceptional care of me and my fiancé. I have never felt like I was being lied to, upsold to, or deceived in any way. And being a woman who usually gets taken advantage of at auto shops, honesty is most important to me. My most recent experience here absolutely blew me away! My car had several complicated oil leaks and Juan went over every single thing about it in detail with me- telling me the pros and cons of whether to get it fixed. In the end we decided it best to let the car go- and he could have easily swayed me the other way to make money- but he didn't! He left it up to the customer which is how it should be. Just OUTSTANDING service and very kind people. I will happily give them my business for the rest of my time in Charlotte. I finally found my auto care place!!
Sarah Twilling, 12/31/2022
Leo's was fast and did a good job on my brakes and rotors, a little pricey but great service/great work.
Veronica Brown, 12/30/2022