Modern cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles come with complex
technology such as digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers,
unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more
efficiently than models of years past. However, they eventually need to be
Before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service, do your homework so you receive the best possible service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
- Do not ignore any warning signals your car may give you.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give your mechanic.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Allow our experienced technicians to diagnose and recommend a remedy.
- It's important to note when the problem occurs. Is it constant or periodic? Does it occur when the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up? Does it happen at all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
Check for the following common vehicle maintenance issues on a regular basis:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, and vibrations.
- When did the problem first start?
How to manage your service experience:
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for an explanation in laymans terms if necessary.
- Don't rush the technicians. You may be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and cost before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Make sure the shop has your contact information readily available, so you can be reached as soon as possible.
Went to Leo's to get my brakes looked at. Having just got new brakes recently from another mechanic, I knew something was wrong. Come to find out I needed two brake lines and my vehicle was deemed unsafe to drive until fixed. So I had to leave it there longer than expected since I went during my lunch break. Well first and foremost they gave me a ride back to work for free which was really generous. Then proceeded to repair my truck in a timely manner and update me throughout the day until it was fixed. They went above and beyond and this kind of work shouldn't go unnoticed. The price was really cheap and the service was really professionally well done. I'm extremely satisfied and positively recommend.
Jason Brackett, 05/11/2022
Joaquin the owner did a great job. Amazing costumer service from the entire staff! Will definitely be coming back again.
Valeria Santiago, 05/01/2022
Good place to go to fix cars and get inspection.
Pascual Gonzalez, 04/30/2022